Decorating

Monday, February 27, 2012

Huggs & Kisses



I attended my grandmothers funeral last week. I smile as I remember all the things we did with her. like clock work we would go visit her every Sunday I looked forward to the trip, it was the highlight of our week.




The whole family would gather together just because, those were the best times, Grandma would be in the kitchen whipping something up and of course the Aunts would all gather around to help It was a family affair.

We had the best holidays together, Christmas was always extra special, Grandma’s gift to us would always be crochet booties and that was the best gift, cause it was made with love, I know all the grand kids out there can relate. LoL

She always made this Jell-O dessert and she would add these silver candy sprinkles to it all I have to say is yum yum.

We took trips with grandma too. We had family in Washington so off we went we had a blast do you remember Aunt Nena? we had so much fun we were the California girls ha ha.

My cousin Dina told us my Grandma loved chocolate kisses, and if Dina took her sweet time unwrapping the kisses she would pinch her, we all laughed and I could totally picture her doing that.

 I also have to pay homage to my Aunt Lupe she was also buried with my grandmother. My Aunt Lupe was so funny, she and I would cruise around in her green nova and dance in the living room like crazy people. 




She taught me how to make pumpkin pie from scratch and a green chili dip that I love.
 I will love them always and when I think about them it will bring a smile to my heart.



So today forgive someone, hug someone and tell them you love them, because we are not promised tomorrow.




With all my heart,


Yolanda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...