Decorating

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sewing for Cara

I've been sewing for my niece who is having a baby girl.  I like to sew but lately I just haven't been in the mood but since her baby is due soon I thought I better get to it.

I took a pink onesie and some scraps I had and cut out a crown.


for the princess to be.


I decided to make her a bib to go with the pink onesie

Don't you just love scraps.

I thought I would make her a tutu.



I cut the onsie in half so I could sew on the skirt.





I attached the bottom half of the onsie to the top.

She is going to look adorable in her tutu.



So while I was at the sewing machine I decided to cover this pillow in burlap.


I thought I would just make an envelope for it just in case I wanted to change it later.



I wanted to put something on it but I can't decide what, so I'm still thinking about it, maybe an initial, or a crown not sure yet, stay tuned for that.  Have you ever worked with burlap? what a mess I'm still finding fibers in the strangest of places.


Monkey Business

Just wanted to share a story with you all.  My grandaughter's were here today and they never fail to leave little reminders of thier visit's.

I have this sitting on top of a book case, it's were we put our spare change.


This is what I found later that night. 



Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more of my life in 1000sqft.


With all my heart,

Yolanda

2 comments:

Laurel Stephens said...

This tutu is so cute. I hope I have a grand daughter one day I can sew this for. I'm saving the idea just in case. : ) I just left you a comment on your March 24 post, and wanted to let you know I'm going to pin this tutu on Pinterest, also. Thanks for sharing it.

Amy said...

Love all the projects, and the penny holder idea, adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...