Decorating

Friday, October 5, 2012

Falling into Autumn

Hello Friends,
It's finally cooling down here in my neck of the woods.  It was in the high 80's today I wish Fall would hurry up and get here!  With that said I'm falling into Autumn slowly but surely.





  I gathered all my junk I mean stuff and started tweaking.  Like I said in my previous post here I want to go more neutral this year.


From this


To this

Painted my pumpkins from orange to white.  I think I like them better this way.



Decoupaged some dollar tree pumpkins.



Painted this one white and added our initial.

Gathered up some of my clocks.


Thought I could use my candle stick and my pitcher. Most of the things here are from garage sales.



I wanted to use my nozzle collection so I put them in the little atrium I got at a garage sale recently.


I sprinkled a little fall here and there.  Aww I think my pumpkins are adorable.




I hung a wreath on my chalkboard.  I don't think I ever mentioned the chalkboard was a garage sale find.



Then I started messing with the curio cabinet.  Hated it...



I got rid of the wreath hanger but I still wasn't liking it. Something was missing.




I added some burlap to the back of the frame, yeah that's it, the background was to  white and you couldn't see the frame. 





Lookie what I found at a recent garage sale.  I had to give up the one that I had when we moved, and  I wasn't going to buy any furniture because there really isn't any room here, but I just couldn't pass it up. So I squeezed it in.  This baby is getting a paint job soon, so stay tuned for that.



After doing the hokey pokey a couple of times, It's all done up and ready for Fall.



Well that's it for now.  Thanks for coming by, and stay tuned for more of my life in 1000sqft.


Linking up to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 
and Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground

With all my heart,

Yolanda

1 comment:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your fall decorations are so fresh and wonderful. I love your pics. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...